“Kohl what?” is the common response of folks who are being introduced to this versatile and bulbous veggie for the first time. Kohlrabi is a member of the brassica family and is known for its mild sweet flavor and crisp crunch when enjoyed raw.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded basil (optional)
- Prepare the zoodles.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick pan. Add garlic and crushed pepper and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the zucchini. Toss to coat with the garlic and oil. Cover and cook for one minute.
- Remove the lid, and toss one more time. Replace lid, and cook one more minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Parmesan and basil (optional). Toss to combine.
- Season with salt to taste.