- 1 bunch kale (0.5 lb), washed, central vein removed, and leaves torn or coarsely chopped
- 2-3 TBSP coconut or olive oil
- 1/8-1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 shallots, sliced into rings
- 1/2 c chicken or vegetable broth
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat coconut or olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add shallots, cook 2-3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes, cook for one minute stirring often to prevent burning
- Add kale, broth, salt, and pepper, mix well. Cover and cook 5 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Remove the cover and continue cooking until most of the broth has cooked away.
- Serve hot and enjoy!