9:30 am - 2:30 pm
Part 1 – Introduction to Permaculture Design (9:30am-12noon)
- Examine the history, ethics and principles of permaculture
- Apply these ethics and principles to local agriculture, land management and small business
- Explore how permaculture techniques can apply on properties of different scale and location—rural, suburban, or urban
- Create a design for their own property or organization
- Give and receive feedback on their practice designs
Lunch: 12noon-1pm. Bring a lunch to keep your belly happy.
Part 2 – A Deep Dive into Gardening (1-2:30pm)
- Select the type of garden that best fits their lifestyle
- Identify free resources to build and maintain their garden
- Review strategies for weed and pest management
- Learn strategies for cover cropping, crop rotation and intercropping
Refund Policy: Refunds can be requested up to 7 days before the start of a workshop for a full refund. To request a refund, please email Melissa Astin at [email protected] If you find that you can’t attend the workshop, but it is too late to request a refund, you are welcome to gift to the workshop to someone else.