Dust off your creative hat and join us for Scarecrows on the Farm. Families, friend groups, artists, community groups, businesses, schools, and individuals can register to compete in our 2nd annual build-a-scarecrow event. Community members who visit the farm throughout October will vote on their favorite scarecrow.
2021 Key Dates:
- Registration Deadline: September 20th
- Scarecrow Set Up: By September 30th
- Display Date: October 2nd through October 30th (free public admission)
- Post Event Scarecrow Pick Up: November 2nd-6th, between 9am and 3pm
Prize for Winners
- 1st Place: $40 Crabtree Farms gift certificate
- 2nd Place: $25 Crabtree Farms gift certificate
- 3rd Place: $15 Crabtree Farms gift certificate
- Build a scarecrow that is freestanding (or is attached to a metal t-post).
- No live plants on your scarecrows. Also, real pumpkins tend to rot quickly.
- Make your scarecrow as durable and weatherproof as possible. Scarecrows that deteriorate to an unacceptable level during the month will be removed.
- Entries must be suitable for children/families. The farm has sole discretion in determining if the scarecrow is family friendly and appropriate for display at the farm.
- The farm will provide signage identifying your organization (if applicable) and the name of your scarecrow.
- The farm is not responsible for damage of the scarecrows.
- Voting for scarecrows will occur throughout the month of October. Winners will be notified via email by November 4th.
Please contact Melissa Astin at firstname.lastname@example.org / 423-493-9155 if questions arise.