Dust off your creative hat and join us for Scarecrows on the Farm. Families, friend groups, artists, community groups, businesses/organizations, schools, and individuals register to compete in our first annual build a scarecrow event. Scarecrows will be displayed at Crabtree Farms from October 3rd through October 31st.
Categories of competitors include: public schools, amateurs, creative professionals, non-profit organizations and businesses/organizations.
2020 Key Dates:
- Registration Deadline: September 20, 2020
- Scarecrow Drop Off: September 29, 2020, 1 to 6pm
- Scarecrow Pick Up: November 4, 2020, 10am to 4pm
- Display Date: October 3 to October 31, 2020 (free public admission)
Prize for Winner of Each Category:
- 1st Place: $40 Crabtree Farms gift certificate
- Build a scarecrow that is freestanding, with a base no larger than 3′ by 3′. The scarecrow needs to be easily carried by no more than 2 people and weigh less than 40 lbs.
- No live plants on your scarecrows. Also, real pumpkins tend to rot quickly.
- Make your scarecrow as durable and weatherproof as possible. Scarecrows that deteriorate to an unacceptable level during the month will be removed.
- Entries must be suitable for children/families. The farm has sole discretion in determining if the scarecrow is family friendly and appropriate for display at the farm.
- The farm will provide signage identifying your organization and the name of your scarecrow.
- The farm is not responsible for loss or damage of the scarecrows.
- Voting for scarecrows will occur throughout the month of October. Winners will be notified via email by November 4, 2020.
Link to Sign Up: Scarecrows on the Farm
Please contact Melissa Astin at [email protected] / 423-493-9155 ext. 10. with any and all questions.