Grilled garden zucchini and squash are a known summer treat. But, have you ever tasted a grilled onion that was just harvested? If not, this is a sweet, juicy summer treat you should track down.
- 5 freshly harvested onions cut in half with their outer skins and base where the roots were attached left on
- 5 to 8 medium zucchinis cut in half
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp of your favorite seasoned salt blend
- Mix olive oil and seasoned salt blend together. Brush over all sides of the onions and zucchini.
- Place onions skin side down (on their round sides) on a hot grill. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes until they appear to be cooked halfway though.
- Brush the slices with more of the olive oil mixture and and flip over so the flat side is face down on the grill.
- Add zucchini halves to the grill. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Then flip zucchini halves and brush with the seasoned olive oil. Cook another 3 minutes.
- Onions and zucchini should be tender and juicy. Plate, serve, and enjoy this summer treat.