Smoothies made with spinach go down easily with the addition of some frozen fruit and are a fantastic way to get all of the colors of the rainbow in one glass. The addition of blueberries makes this smoothie appear delightfully purple. Portioning the smoothie in mason jars to stash in the fridge makes for a quick and healthy snack or breakfast on the run. The chia seeds help to keep the smoothie consistency thickened, even if you keep it in the fridge long enough for the frozen fruit to completely thaw.
- 2 c spinach, kale, or a mixture of your favorite greens (freezing the greens ahead of time makes them easier to break down in the blender)
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 to 2 TBSP dried goji berries
- 1/2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 TBSP (optional) sweetener of choice (honey, maple syrup, or plant-based protein powder)
- 2 c frozen mango chunks
- 2 c frozen blueberries
- ½ banana (frozen or room temperature)
- ¼ or ½ avocado (frozen or room temperature)
- 3 c unsweetened nut milk, milk, or whey
- water to fill to the top level of the fruit and veggies after having added the milk or whey (be sure not to overload your blender)
- Place greens in blender jar before adding the other fruits.
- Add all of your other ingredients and blend until smooth (1-2 minutes).