- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 0.5 lb fresh spinach leaves (small to medium sized leaves are great, but larger leaves can be cut into smaller pieces before cooking)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- juice from 1/4 of a fresh lemon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- zest from 1 lemon
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add 2 cloves of minced fresh garlic when the oil is hot, and sauté for 1 minute to release the flavor, constantly stir to keep from burning.
- Add spinach a handful at a time. As it wilts add more. Cook uncovered over medium heat for 1 minute while constantly stirring. Do not overcook.
- Remove from heat and cover for 2-3 minutes. Uncover and mix in lemon juice.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper, more to taste. Top with lemon zest and serve hot.